after school programs

  • Subject: [cg] after school programs
  • From: "Ali Mramor" amramor@CivicGardenCenter.org
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:37:14 -0500

Hello all – I am working on starting up an after school gardening program at one of the inner-city elementary schools here in Cincinnati.  We have a nearby children’s garden in the community with which I have done summer programming for the neighborhood kids over the past couple of years. I am looking to expand the program throughout more months of the year to keep the kids engaged and to create a greater sense of ownership in the garden.  I am searching for similar programs that have been successful around the country.  Any info you can provide will be well appreciated.  Many thanks in advance.

Ali Mramor

Youth Education Coordinator

Civic Garden Center of Greater Cincinnati

2715 Reading Road

Cincinnati, Ohio 45206

ph. 513.221.0981 x11

fx. 513.221.0961