Articles and resources about local food,and on the benefits of buying local on local economy

  • Subject: [cg] Articles and resources about local food,and on the benefits of buying local on local economy
  • From: Jerome Rigot rigot.3@osu.edu
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:14:25 -0500

This is not specifically about community gardening, but I believe it is related.

I am on the board of directors of a small health food store and I am trying to convince the board to modify the current buying practice of the store and to carry more local organic products, especially produce, meat, dairy.

So, I would like to have information to offer to the members of the board pointing out the benefits of supporting local farmers, also info emphasizing the current demand for local products, and the benefits to the local economy.

I would appreciate any help and info/resource any of you could share with me.

Please distribute this to other lists as appropriate.

Thanks, Jerome