Re: Re: Cadmium and recycles tires

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Re: Cadmium and recycles tires
  • From: David Smead smead@amplepower.com
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:31:01 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

My rules of thumb for what goes in the garden are:

1) If it, is or has been a food item, yes;

2) Else if it smells bad, no;

3) If it tastes bad, no.

Used tires fail on all three.

People with good hearts are not always wise in what they encourage others
to do, and while recycling tires to make garden structures may seem like a
noble cause, a deeper look into the practice is sure to find good reasons
not to do it.

\/
Sincerely,

David Smead