Re: worm ecology

 Jane H wrote:
I just returned from a landscape symposium where a Cornell researcher spoke about the damage worms do to forest ecology. He also mentioned that worms are not indigenous to North America. Do we know anything about the implications for our encouragement of worms in the garden for ecosystems beyond the garden?
Depends on what genus and species of worm you're talking about -- if you've got good soil, there are dozens of species, both native and imported. If you've got poor soil, the absence or few species remaining are indicative of the soil's problems.

*My new e-mail address is in the From: line*

Dorene

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of