Off Topic - NY State Genetic Engineered Seed Lobbying DayFundraiser

  • Subject: [cg] Off Topic - NY State Genetic Engineered Seed Lobbying DayFundraiser
  • From: adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:11:14 -0500

Hi Everyone,  This is a fun evening. FRIDAY, JANUARY 20TH 6.30- 8.30 p.m.  Please come if you can and help us connect and raise funds for Lobby Day February 8th for Safe Food.  Note - TWO LIVE BANDS!! and GOURMET ORGANIC FOOD on Friday Jan. 20th..

We also need you to come to the LOBBY DAY IN ALBANY FEBRUARY 8TH.

Please forward this on to anyone you think may be interested.

Very Best Wishes, Trish (Trishki)

FRIDAY, JANUARY 20, 2006
6:30pm - 8:30pm

Join us for a gathering to raise awareness about genetically engineered food and its consequences. We are raising funds to charter a bus for our February 8th Lobby Day in Albany, and for the lobbying effort.

        Gourmet Organic Food provided by chefs Christopher Gaddess and Deborah Hetrick

Sixth Street Community Center
638 East 6th Street (bet. Aves. B and C), Manhattan

Live music (Two live bands).
Videos about genetically engineered food will be shown.

  The purpose of Lobby Day is to advocate for legislation to protect the
integrity of our food. 2006 is a critical session for the State Legislature.
We have a real chance of getting legislation passed that will require
labeling of genetically engineered seeds and hold corporations
liable for GE crop contamination.

Further info:  Contact Howard or Trish at 212-677-1863 or e-mail