The Final Word on those Brooklyn Trees

  • Subject: [cg] The Final Word on those Brooklyn Trees
  • From: adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:41:44 -0500

 From the horse's mouth

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
-----Original Message-----
From: To: Adam36055
Sent: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 2:21:05 PM Eastern Standard Time
Subject: Arboricide in BK

Greetings Adam-

I was forwarded an email with your name and am replying.

I am a consulting arborist and have worked on NYC infrastructure projects involving NYC street trees for the past 10 years.  So there are no misunderstandings, it is in all cases a contractors neglect and his intent on maximizing time and profits that result in damage to our trees.  York Restoration with their staff of professionals neglected to secure the services of a professional consulting arborist with experience in Construction & Trees prior to and during the excavation work.  Had the contractor paid a certified arborist to carefully monitor the guide the excavation work to minimize root damage, we wouldn't have this issue, the trees would have been saved and the mud slinging at the Department of Parks would not be occurring.

The Department of Parks Brooklyn Forestry team are as serious about our street  trees and critical of arrogant contractors as I am.  Forestry is not to blame.

Respectfully

Carsten Glaeser Ph.D
Certified Arborist
Glaeser Horticultural Consulting Inc