RE: Waipahu, Hawai'i garden destroyed

Thank you for sharing these news stories.

Re: Prima Causae:It walks like a Rudy and it quacks like a Rudy, but this is
a case of "great" minds thinking alike. This garden was destroyed because it
was the path of least resistance: a path that had no political consequences
for the decision makers.

Community gardening is 50% gardening and 100% political. If a community
garden is to be permitted to exist on public land (and be permitted to
remain on public land) there must be a consensus in the COMMUNITY that the
garden is wanted, needed, worthy of support.  The electeds and appointeds
have to be made to realize that there are political consequences for garden
destruction. The electeds and appointeds need to see that there are
politically accruable benefits for themselves when they support  community

This is alot of hard work to do. Without this hard work, it's always
bulldozer season in NYC or Hawaii.

Happy gardening/organizing,