FW: seeking info for graduate project

  • Subject: [cg] FW: seeking info for graduate project
  • From: "Sally McCabe" <smccabe@pennhort.org>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:08:43 -0400

PLEASE REPLY TO LISA, NOT ME. THANKS!

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa Messersmith [mailto:lgmesser@earthlink.net]

Hi,
I am looking for any information you all may have on different cultural
groups creating and using urban community gardens.  I am doing a project
about how urban community gardens can provide an opportunity for people to
maintain cultural heritage in urban settings and increase cross-cultural
interaction and understanding.

Do you all keep any records of what cultural/ethnic groups make use of
gardens?  Have you taken any surveys of gardeners to find out why they use
gardens and what they are growing?  If
your organization does not have any written info., is there anyone that I
could interview in order to get this type of quantitative and/or
qualitative/anecdotal information?  Also, are there any articles or research
projects you know of that would include pertinent info. for my
project?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.
-Lisa