4th of July Barbecue at the Clinton Community Garden

  • Subject: [cg] 4th of July Barbecue at the Clinton Community Garden
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 16:50:13 -0400

Friends,

If for some reason you happen to be walking down 48th Street Between 9th &
10th Avenues in Manhattan tomorrow afternoon ( enroute, no doubt to the USS
Intrepid Aerospace Museum, to get a place to see the Macy's fireworks or
walking the other way to a Broadway show) we will be holding our second
annual Fourth of July Barbecue.  We've  always had 4th of July Barbecues
since we started the garden in 1978, but last year we made it official, so
it's officially the 2nd annual.

Bill & Hillary sent their regrets ( off in the Hamptons or  Martha's
Vineyard I suppose, with the Secret Service guys) but there's room for more
Arkansans and whomever walks by and brings a six-pack or some potato salad
or sumptin'.

The flowers are pretty, our organic lawn is holding up pretty good so it'll
look kinda small town in the big city.

It's a potluck ( we're supplying burgers - both real and veggie- and buns)
but we're asking folks to bring something to eat, drink, or a dish to share
because the party is going on until the food runs out.

Neal Kirkwood, Southrun and Zydeco demi-god has volunteered his band after
5:00 ( he is a Great American, garden keyholder and Hell's Kitchen neighbor)
and it looks to be hot for the Fourth of July and fun.

If I don't see ya, I'll be thinkin' about ya,

God Bless America and our Community Gardens,

Adam Honigman