Friends of P-Patch quilt raffle

  • Subject: [cg] Friends of P-Patch quilt raffle
  • From: "Barbara Donnette" <jandbdonnette@attbi.com>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 19:59:15 -0700

Dear ACGA friends,

The Friends of P-Patch, the non profit organization supporting community gardening in Seattle, has preserved a fifth garden site through purchase.  No, we are not rich, just dedicated to our cause!

Now, in order to refill the coffers of our Land Acquisition Fund, we are selling raffle tickets for a beautiful queen size hand made quilt.  Tickets are only $1 and come in books of ten.

The quilt is made up of 90 individual squares, including many techniques: applique, pieced work, embroidery, and especially featuring Mien stitchery.  We have many Mien families gardening in P-Patches and their handcrafts are of exceptional quality.  The quilt is all cotton, fully washable, machine quilted.  You can cyber visit the quilt at http://www.cityofseattle.net/friendsofppatch/quilt.gif.  You can request tickets by sending a SASE to Friends of P-Patch, PO Box 19748, Seattle 98109.  Also, P-Patch staff will attend the ACGA conference in NYC and you can ask Sandy Pernitz or Julie Bryan for tickets.

I wish I were coming to NY too.  My first ACGA conference was NYC and I came home so jazzed about the possibilities.  There were many memorable moments:  realizing the the doors at the YMCA were so close together because the rooms were that small and that only one person could be out of the bunks at a time.  NY, I'll never forget!

I'm still actively gardeing in my P-Patch community garden, still active on the FPP board, and have enjoyed every moment of coordinating the Many Flowered Quilt.  So buy a ticket or two, or ten!

Barbara Donnette
Friends of P-Patch