RE: Dowling Community Garden Celebrates 60th Anniversary

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Dowling Community Garden Celebrates 60th Anniversary
  • From: "Corrie Zoll" czoll@greeninstitute.org
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 08:56:43 -0500

Adam-

Thank you for the encouragement.  As near as anyone can tell, the Fenway
Victory Gardens in Boston are the only continually operated community
gardens older than Dowling Community Garden in Minneapolis.  Older by a
year.  I wonder if list members are aware of other community gardens
from this era that are still in operation.

Corrie Zoll
Minneapolis