Re: raised bed questions raised

  • Subject: Re: [cg] raised bed questions raised
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 19:01:18 EDT

For me, it is a no-brainer. Pressure Treated lumber has to be disposed of as
toxic waste - do you want that near your food?  We don't use it at the Clinton
Community Garden, but in addition to untreated wood also use brick and mortar
on some of our beds, especially those that we are raising higher for
wheelchair users and others who need more height.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman

<< Subj:     RE: [cg] raised bed questions raised