Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 7:42 PM
Subject: [cg] New program needs help

Friends,
I'm helping with the startup of a computer class for young, {6-14 year olds}, at risk youth that is tied in with a community garden project in Oklahoma City.  I have lost all my old links to gardening and educational materials online for kids and I could use your help in locating quality materials, links, that will tie in with the community garden.
Another aspect to this program, The Community Youth Outreach Program, is the development of a curriculum for greenhouse education.  This part of the program deals with juvenile offenders on a probationary release from J. detention.  We will be working with a new greenhouse and new community garden.  Funds are in place but I could use help in developing the curriculum from those of you who have experience in this.  Please help if you can.
Thanks so much,
John Herndon
Village Green Community Garden
Norman, Oklahoma