Fruit Trees in California Schools

  • Subject: [cg] Fruit Trees in California Schools
  • From: "Long Beach Organic" info@longbeachorganic.org
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 13:25:57 -0700

Hello,
Does anyone know anything about the legality of putting fruit trees in California Schools?
We are a non-profit that helps schools start school gardens, and we have been including fruit trees in our designs for awhile.  Only recently has the school district told us that it is illegal in the state of California to do this.  I assume only for maintenance reasons?
Any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Aliye

Please note that my email address has changed to info@longbeachorganic.org.  Please update your address book.