1) ferret and 2)solving the mystery of the missing peas

  • Subject: [cg] 1) ferret and 2)solving the mystery of the missing peas
  • From: "Sharon Gordon" gordonse@one.net
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 21:16:57 -0400

If this critter was an escapee from someone's house you may be OK,

***Agreed, we told the person who was bitten that she should make sure her
tetanus is up to date, see her doctor for possible infections, and trap the
ferret to check for rabies.

***When I went to the plot this morning, the peas which were loaded and
almost ready to pick were 90% gone, pods, plants and all.  While I was
weeding in another section, I heard a loud ripping, crunching sound followed
by chewing noises in the remaining peas.  When I went over to look there was
a mouse blissfully chewing off a branch of the pea plant and the nearby pod.