Re: pressure treated fence posts

  • Subject: Re: [cg] pressure treated fence posts
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:24:22 EDT

To be frank, ma'am, with pressure treated lumber being yanked out of kid's
playgrounds and the fact that it has to be disposed of as toxic waste, I would
advise your friend to find some other place to trellis her climbing plants,
especially if she wants to eat them.

With what we know now about PT lumber, it's really not worth the risk or
liability to the garden in case somebody she feeds her stuff to gets ill.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer,

<< Subj:     [cg] pressure treated fence posts