Re: Info wanted on urban planning and comm. gardening

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Info wanted on urban planning and comm. gardening
  • From: "Rodger Cooley" rodger.cooley@heifer.org
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:50:18 -0500

Tom:

I am the co-chair of the Urban Agriculture Committee for the Community Food Security Coalition and a new ACGA Board member.

Anne Carter, UMass Extension and co-chair of the committee generated a fact sheet for planners to promote and support urban agriculture and its value for promoting community food security. I have attached it. Their is a 30 page urban ag "primer" that the committee developed on the CFS Coalition's web site that is downloadable as well, www.foodsecurity.org.

Hope this is helpful.

Rodger