Re: Re: Community Gardens in Livermore

Wow!

Thank you so much for your very kind words! I really appreciate them. I just want to say that before I got fully involved in this quest of doing something that most people thought could not be done, I had no idea what was going to happen. However, I was prepared to fight in any way I knew how to and prepared to lose also. I had never done anything like this before, and I am not sure why I was picked to do this, it was merely by accident that I was asked to help...or was it? I guess I have now been labeled as an 'activist', I am not even sure if that's good or bad, but, for what is worth, I rather be an activist than a 'passivist', or 'passive person'. ;-)

I also want to add that this would have NEVER gone through without the support of the public in general. Yes, it's true that I got the ball rolling, and that I didn't give up although most people had no faith in me, but still, I could not have done it on my own, there were 2 people that trusted my abilities and kept me going, giving me moral support, and that's the biggest challenge: to find people that are willing to help, even if only a little bit. In the end, it all adds up. A lot of people really want to help, you just have to ask, and don't feel bad if they say 'no', it's also an acceptable answer. :-)

Thank you, again. This is a small victory that will go a long way...and I am really excited to see what the future will bring to the little garden in Livermore. I only wish that this victory gives hope to the many people who might be struggling to save a garden. It can happen!

Sincerely,

Begoņa Cirera

"Think Globally, Garden Locally"

"Community Gardens = Sustainability"

"Community Gardens + Community Center = Happy Community "

MSN 8 helps ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES. Get 2 months FREE*. ______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org To post an e-mail to the list: community_garden@mallorn.com To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden