Re: Misplaced Plants in the Garden

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Misplaced Plants in the Garden
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:26:24 EDT

You know, while mulch makes all the sense in the world - and for large
gardens, absolutely essential in weed control, for the small raised beds that we
have,  the work of bending over and weeding is a fitness opportunity that some of
us choose to take advantage of.

Don't laugh....but weeding the flower and veggie beds that I maintain are
often the only bend the gut and back work that an office based indiviual like me
does.  And being compulsive about cleaning out those weeds ( also between the
bricks of the walk in front of my plot) gives me more move the gut exercise
than any 20 year old aerobics "entertainment celebrity" on TV would give me in
real life.

Then there's "pumping garbage" out the front garden gate, battling with poke
weed and other physical tasks which become more meaningful in the garden.

Now off to another job interview in a suit - Yeah, bending over and giving
those shoes a spit polish is another "found" exercise for those who would rather
not...

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer,

<< Subj:     Re: [cg] Misplaced Plants  in the Garden