  • From: <scolli@columbus.rr.com>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:01:40 -0400

I've had really good luck with bok choy and chinese cabbage as fall crops...I don't know how well these would sell in your area though.  There's plenty of time for turnips and fast growing greens like mustard; also, the mesclun lettuce mixtures are quite popular at our farmer's market.  Also, bush beans with harvest times of 60 days or less--try Royal Burgandy--very beautiful and tasty.  I've found less problems with bean beetles when beans are planted later in the summer.  Also...check the market garden forum at gardenweb.com...you can get into lots of conversations about successful market crops.  Let us know how it comes out!
We are stardust *million year old carbon* we are golden *caught in the devil's bargain* and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden .  .  .