Grant announcement from the National Tree Trust

  • Subject: [cg] Grant announcement from the National Tree Trust
  • From: "Grants" <Grants@NationalTreeTrust.org>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:35:05 -0400

Greetings from the National Tree Trust!

We are pleased to announce the availability of our 2005 grants.  Guidelines and applications can be downloaded from our website at www.nationaltreetrust.org.  Through our Seeds and Roots programs, we will be offering two monetary grants in 2005.  The Seeds Grant for Organizational Support will provide funding to strengthen the capacity of urban and community forestry organizations.  The Roots Grant for Community Action will provide funding for urban and community forestry projects that help to improve the social, economic and environmental health of communities.  Eligibility for the Seeds and Roots grants is restricted to nonprofit 501(c)(3) urban and community forestry organizations.  In addition, nonprofit 501(c)(3) conservation organizations, which focus on urban and community forestry programs, are eligible to apply for the Roots grant.  Eligible urban and community forestry organizations may only apply for one grant, either the Seeds or Roots.  Pre-proposals are due to National Tree Trust on or before September 17, 2004.

Please visit our website, www.nationaltreetrust.org, for further information about our Seeds and Roots grants for 2005, and to download the applications.

Sincerely,

The National Tree Trust