Fwd: CCG - It's Picnic Time In The City!

  • Subject: [cg] Fwd: CCG - It's Picnic Time In The City!
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 23:55:26 EDT

Friends,

Please excuse the hyperbole.

In this missive, my much beloved fellow steering committee member, Joshua
Spahn, grants the the Clinton Community Garden "world champion status." My
brother gardener has  not seen YOUR gardens yet,  and being a relative newbie,
doesn't know how GORGEOUS they are....

However, Joshua's enthusiasm and love for the Clinton Community Garden is
beyond price... It's what we all want in volunteers and the joy of this feeling
being passed on is wonderful..

Our Clinton Community Garden 4th of July picnic - eight blocks away from
where the ball is dropped in Times Square - is often the very first 4th of July
picnic that local immigrants and foreign residents ever attend. Without
fireworks, and with much love, our potluck and picnic embraces a whole neighborhood
and whomever drops in from the continents - the People's republics of Brooklyn,
the Bronx and the more staid boroughs of  Staten Island and Queens.

So please feel welcome to drop by, this Monday, July 4th, , on Manhattan's
West 48th Street between 9th & 10th avenues. Please feel welcome to show up with
yourselves, a six pack, soda,  prepared dish ( or a few bucks to drop into
our strategically situated watering can.)

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer, Clinton Community Garden
Clinton Community Garden