Job Posting: Gardening Teacher

  • Subject: [cg] Job Posting: Gardening Teacher
  • From: "Teresa Mares" tmares@u.washington.edu
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 10:53:35 -0700

Waldorf School of Garden City
We are seeking a trained (or willing to be trained very soon) GARDENING
teacher for our suburban school that is nearing its 60th birthday. The
position is half time, but if the ideal candidate needs more hours to become
full time, we can round out the position with other work, depending on his/her
gifts: classroom asst., handwork asst., reading teacher, foreign language
teaching, aftercare teacher, etc. Our dear and most senior colleague, Mr.
Weschler (who has been part of our faculty since 1950), began the gardening
program many years ago and is still actively involved in its upkeep. The ideal
candidate would be enthusiastic about nature, a caring and responsible
teacher, have the willingness to be a fine colleague to a teaching staff of
nearly 50 and, perhaps, trained in the grades or high school curriculum, along
with training in biodynamic agriculture. Our school is located 40 minutes east
of Manhattan and 25 minutes from either the north or south shore of Long
Island. Check out our website at www.waldorfgarden.org for more information
about our fine school. Our compensation package includes: a base pay of
$38,000, with $1,000 increases for each year of teaching or appropriate
experience up to 15 years, tuition remission, life, health and disability
insurance, help with moving expenses and an excellent organic cafeteria and
mature faculty library. Funds for faculty development are available and very
adequate. Please send a letter of interest with your resume (including three
professional references) and a one page biography to: Recruitment Committee,
Waldorf School of Garden City, Cambridge Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530 or send
it as an attachment to: tigergrinnell@yahoo.com

Waldorf School of Garden City
Tiger Grinnell tigergrinnell@yahoo.com
Cambridge Avenue