Re: Cuban Gardens - and Gardeners

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Cuban Gardens - and Gardeners
  • From: adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 11:26:31 -0400

 There is, no doubt, some excellent organic gardening going on in Cuba. World class - none better.

However, I do garden in NYC with folks who were part of the Mariel and later dumps of "undesiriables," by the Cuban government - in the case of my fellow gardeners,gay and HIV positive men, who were lucky to stay alive.

While you are enjoying the sun and the beauty of this island, please be aware that "progressive and revolutionary," societies are not always friendly to folks who are different - or homosexual.

Best regards,
Adam Honigman