The Cuba Diet

  • Subject: [cg] The Cuba Diet
  • From: Cameron McLaughlin cmm2000@earthlink.net
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:29:36 -0500

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:54:49 -0400
From: adam36055@aol.com
Subject: Re: [cg] The Cuba Diet
To: cmm2000@earthlink.net, community_garden@mallorn.com

Just to be sure - this is not the CUBA diet that the government gives people with HIV/AIDS, i.e.,letting them starve to death or putting them on a raft and letting them float from Mariel to Florida?

Just to be sure....I have some Marielito community gardeners here in NYC, some at the Bellevue Sobriety Garden who have lovely stories about THAT CUBA DIET.

Adam Honigman

I have never heard such a thing about the Cuban government deliberately starving HIV/AIDS patients. Please provide evidence if you have heard these stories, because what I hear form the medical community is that the Cuban government provides the very best standard of care for HIV patients and is saving the lives of hundreds of thousands of HIV/AIDS sufferers in Africa with its humanitarian efforts.

The Cuba Diet is an article about the fantastic model that the Cuban people are giving the world for how to be self-sufficient, produce delicious food, and turn the petroleum-based fertilizer model on its head. What is happening in Cuba proves that small-scale local organic production is a viable model for the world. I hope you will read the article as well as the other references on this list about the Cuban agricultural revolution.

If you have reliable evidence for the claim that the Cuban government is depriving HIV/AIDS patients of needed care, please provide it.

Cameron McLaughlin, PhD