I have been accused of being the "catalog Queen".  My husband teases me constantly -- with VERY dry humor.  And, even my dad has used the term "spontaneous combustion" on more than one occasion.  However, I agree with Dorene....buy locally as much as possible.  This stands to reason for the concept of community gardening to better foster community relations.  Even with big chains like Home Depot (or any local establishment for that matter), write a letter (handwritten is VERY impressive) to the store's manager telling him/her of your project & praise him/her for stocking organic items for your use.  In this current litigious society, praise & thank you goes a long way when you accentuate the positive.
As for our community garden, I have used the following local retailers:  Home Depot (1.5 miles from garden), Six-S Landscaping (5 miles from garden), Uncle Luke's Feed & Seed Supply (8 miles from garden), & Jerry Baker's Catalog Outlet (18 miles from garden).  I have stopped using Jerry Baker's outlet due to poor quality of service & the ignorance of the (phone) sales operators regarding non-profit status.
As for catalogs, the following is list of those which offer organic fertilizers -- in part or whole:
Peaceful Valley (already mentioned, located in California)
Gardens Alive (already mentioned, located in Indiana)
Gardener's Supply (mention previously, located in Vermont)
Territorial Seed Company (http://www.territiorial-seed.com/  or 1-541-942-9547, located in Oregon)
Mellinger's (http://www.mellingers.com/ or 1-800-321-7444, located in Ohio)
Richter's Herb Catalog (http://www.richters.com/ or 1-905-640-6677, located in Ontario, Canada)
Johnny's Selected Seeds (http://www.johnnyseeds.com/ or 1-207-437-4301, located in Maine)
The Natural Gardening Company (1-707-766-9303, located in California)
Shepherd's Garden Seeds (http://www.shepherdseeds.com/ or 1-860-482-3638, located in Connecticut)
Neptune's Harvest (http://www.neptunesharvest.com/ or 1-800-259-4769, located in Boston, Mass)
Pinetree Garden Seeds( http://www.superseeds.com/ or 1-207-926-3400, located in New Gloucester, ME)
Planet Natural (http://www.planetnatural.com/ or 1-800-289-6656, located in Bozeman, MT)
Seeds of Change (http://www.seedsofchange.com/ or 1-888-762-7333, located in Sante Fe, New Mexico)
    They do not offer organic fertilizers, per se, but their website has GREAT links.
And, if you wish to brave the waters.....Jerry Baker's On the Garden Line (http://www.jerrybaker.com/ , located in Wixom, Michigan)
    The local extension office is not impressed with Jerry Baker's advice on gardening.
Although this company is primarily offering a broad supply of good for natural & ecologically sound living, it has one product called "Barnyard Tea" (http://www.realgoods.com/ or 1-800-762-7325, located in 4 retail stores in California & 1 retail store in Oregon)
This catalog also offers natural & ecologically sound living.  Specifically -- Amish.  Lehman's Hardware & Appliances, Inc. (http://www.Lehmans.com/ or 1-888-438-5346, located in Kidron, Ohio)
Another magazine which I personally think complements "Organic Gardening" is "Mother Earth News".  It is available on most newsstands & on the web (http://www.motherearthnews.com/ ).  There was an article which told of using horse manure as an effective deterrent for deer problems.
In "Gardening How-To" magazine, an article addressed pet problems.  A concoction of chili paste & garlic (available in the Oriental food shelf/area) mixed with 3-gallons of water then poured on "pet-prone" areas seems to work.  I don't how long this lasts, especially after it rains.
Again, this website is fantastic for researching any topic http://www.askjeeves.com/   As you may have noticed, I tend to do a lot of researching.... ;-)
I hope this helps.  Peace be with you all.
Cyndy Ross, Chairperson
Fellowship, SLLC Organic Community Garden, Memorial Garden, & 'Welcoming Wagon' committees
Sylvan Lake Lutheran Church
2399 Figa Avenue
W. Bloomfield, MI 48324-1808
Zone 6A
PS    Our Pastor & a member of our church, who has experience in conflict resolution, visited with the agitated neighbor who threaten our garden.  They changed their tune & were "friendly & delightful" -- I found this frustrating because it makes me look like a liar.  Yet, I am grateful both parties are seemingly able to reach a peaceable resolution.  By the way, did you all know that the EPA STRONGLY encourages people to report these types of threats to their district offices?
PPS  Our Pastor requested me to write a blessing for our community garden, which was recited during each of our services on Sunday, June 4.  If any of you wish to have a copy, please contact me.