Set up

What would be a good starting point to setting up a community garden in my community? I would like to incorporate an educational program for young children, and a job skills program for youth at risk and developmentally disabled folks. Any input or stories of other programs would be greatly appreciated.
e-mail: tree-bone@excite.com