Re: rosemary

Grow it from semi-soft wood cuttings taken in early spring; pre-rooted shoots
from an established planting (bend over & anchor the branch, make a slight
incision & cover with soil or mulch); or divide an established planting in early
spring or late fall.

Rosemary likes very well-drained soil, but needs some water to establish itself.
I grew it in a climate similar to N. Calif valleys- that is mild, wet winter
with some frost, very hot, very dry summer.  Under those conditions, it could
survive on rainfall only after a couple of years to establish, but to look nice
or produce for market, it required some supplemental watering.

KEYMANTE@aol.com on 06/23/2000 09:28:32 AM
 To:      community_garden@mallorn.com,
 Subject: [cg] rosemary

how can I grow rosemary and do you need to water it a lot