RE: Terracotta - how do I clean?

Larry:

Wash soluble salts from clay pots with water and a scrub brush. This is an
elbow grease job. With thinner pots, care has to be used to keep from
cracking the clay.

Then wash all pots in a solution of 1 part liquid bleach to 9 parts water.
This is the way I've been doing it for years at home. Please note that when
you use the bleach solution ( which kills whatever viruses there may be left
in the pots )  the area that you're working in should be well ventilated,
and you should be wearing rubber gloves as a precaution.

Enjoy,

Adam