Alan Gerson Says He Loves Lower East Side Gardens - Make him Prove it!

  • Subject: [cg] Alan Gerson Says He Loves Lower East Side Gardens - Make him Prove it!
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:28:09 -0400

Friends,

Among the many politicans who came and signed on to the Community Garden
Referendum petition @ the Clinton Community Garden's 5th Annual Summer
Solstice celebration on June 16th, took the Parks 2001 pledge and vowed
never ending support for City Council Intro 742/743 is Alan Gerson who is
running for NYC Council in Manhattan Council District 1.

The gardens in this district are the La Guardia Place Gardens, the East 1st
Street Gardens and on also on Clinton Street. Mr. Gerson tells me that he
wants to meet with gardeners from these gardens for what is best known as a
"chat and chew", i.e.  to really bond and get on the same page on these
issues.

Grant you , Gerson  is a politician, but no other NYC Council District 1
candidate has come to the plate on our issues yet - this is a chance to get
his ear while he is being attentive. Between you and me, I believe in
getting access by getting involved in the process - (I'm one of the names
listed on NYC Councilperson's nominating petitions.)    I know Gerson as a
great community board chair and makes his money as a labor lawyer and am
throwing his name out to you as someone who can be helpful. Gerson will be
reaching out to me, but you can reach out to Alan Gerson at:

Alan Gerson for City Council
353 Broadway
NYC, NY 10013
Tel: (212) 334-7845

Obviously, consider all you options - but this is a gift horse.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman