sample garden rules

  • Subject: [cg] sample garden rules
  • From: Sally McCabe <sallymcc@libertynet.org>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 21:47:43 -0400

Title: sample garden rules
Here are the rules we use to govern ourselves at Seedy Acres. Gardeners sign two copies each year--one goes in the garden file, and the other goes home for hanging on the refrigerator, in case people forget what they agreed to do. And yes, we are still selling square inches of the garden for $10, if anyone is interested.

Sally

2002 Seedy Acres Rules for the Garden
The basic fee for a garden plot is $10, payable no later than Good Friday of each year.

Garden meetings are held the 2nd Thursday of each month in the gardening season: April, May, June, July, August, September.

Individual plots must be cleaned and started no later than May 1, or they will be given to the next person on the waiting list and the plot fee returned to the original applicant.

Each gardener is responsible for weeding and clearing his/her plot AND the paths around it AND the adjacent fence line AND the outside of the fence.

Each gardener is expected to spend at least 4 hours/week working on his/her plot and the surrounding area.

Gardening activity and plant growth must be restricted to the gardener's plot. Please prevent vegetation from attacking walkways and adjacent plots.

Each gardener is responsible for trash removal.

Gardens in weedy & uncared-for condition by July 4th will be cleared. They will be given to existing gardeners for fall planting only. They will be open for new gardeners in the following season.

Pesticide use by gardeners is prohibited. Violators will lose their plots, and their plot fees will be returned.

Stay out of other people's plots unless specifically invited.

If pets are brought into the garden, the person responsible must clean up any droppings, food, etc.

If, for any reason (health, vacation, work pressure), you will be temporarily unable to maintain your plot, inform the coordinator. If you have a substitute gardener, inform the coordinator.

ALL gardeners will participate in garden activities and events like:
                filling water barrels                   clean up days
           preparation for City Gardens Contest, Harvest Show  and special fundraising events

At the end of the season, all dead plants and weeds should be removed, boxed and placed at curbside on trash day.

Non-compliance with these rules will lead to 2 warnings and then to expulsion. You will lose your plot, and your plot fee will be returned.

Any rules to be added or eliminated later must be passed by the majority of the participating gardeners.

    I understand that neither the garden group nor owners of the land are responsible for my actions. I THEREFORE AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THE GARDEN GROUP AND OWNERS OF THE LAND FOR ANY LIABILITY , DAMAGE, LOSS OR CLAIM THAT OCCURS IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE GARDEN BY ME OR ANY OF MY GUESTS.

    I understand all these rules and regulations and promise to follow them in good conscience.