Re: PUT THE BAN ON GROWING MARIJUANA AND OTHER BANNED PLANTS INTO BY-LAWS

  • Subject: [cg] Re: PUT THE BAN ON GROWING MARIJUANA AND OTHER BANNED PLANTS INTO BY-LAWS
  • From: Commgarden@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 05:11:04 EDT

Connie Nelson,

We, at the Las Flores Community Garden in Thousand Oaks, California, are
about to begin our community garden on land owned by our local park district.

Despite the fact that the state of California has a law on the books that
allows the use of marijuana for medical purpose with a doctor's o.k., and
despite the fact that it is well documented that people who are battling
cancer or debilitating pain from other medical conditions can get relief by
using marijuana,t he fact is that the Federal Government  prosecutes people
found to be growing the plant. In  order to forestall any complaints about
the growing of marijuana or any other banned plants,  and to retain the right
to use the public land we've been offered we have put language in our by-laws
specifically banning the planting, growing, harvesting, buying or selling
these plants in or from the community garden and making such the cause for
immediate expulsion of any member who engages in such activity.

I hope this helps you.

Don Jacons