RE: looking for community gardens in Springfield, Missouri

  • Subject: RE: [cg] looking for community gardens in Springfield, Missouri
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:26:55 -0400

Cher Caraway Seed,

Very little of my hair and even fewer brain cells have survived with me from
the '60s -  but your name, Caraway, is a cheerful relict of what was for me
(and many other shambling wrecks) an interesting time. Something cheerful
left in my inbox for a dreary Monday morning.

Re Springfield:

Didn't find community gardens, but I did find these greening activities on
the Springfield, MO website. I'd make some calls to parks and to the
recycling folks - you might get some leads there. Here are a few greening
projects on the "Earthday" section of their website -
http://www.ci.springfield.mo.us/community/earthday.html

A list of of Missouri environmental groups:

http://www.moenviron.org/envlist.htm

Gateway Greening!

One of the best community garden/neighborhood greening organizations in the
country is Gateway Greening in St. Louis, Missouri.

http://stlouis.missouri.org/gatewaygreening

Their Whitmire study is probably the best financed and most intelligently
planned community gardening study:

http://stlouis.missouri.org/gatewaygreening/WhitmireStudy.htm

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman