(no subject)

In response to fund raising for the Milagro Community Garden, My name is Gary Olsen and I am working with The Atalanta Community Garden in Crestone, CO. We had a fund raising event this spring where we had some local bands volunteer their time and a communtiy center was the venue. We held our costs very low, paid only one musician a small amount and the food we served for dinner was our biggest expense besides our time. Community members gave art, massage, accupunture sessions, and all kinds of items that we put on a silent auction, which was our biggest money maker. A woman here who has had many fund raising events suggested as many options for people to give money as possable. We had a dessert auction, and a door prize that was quite nice, which people bought tickets for. All the deserts were donated. Everything was donated, allmost. And the people that donated stuff came and purchased other peoples donated stuff. There is an annual yard sale that happens the same way here. big public space, and people come and drop stuff off and then come back on the scheduled day to buy other people's donated stuff. Good luck, there is much abundance in the universe.
Gary Olsen