organizing a communal space

  • Subject: [cg] organizing a communal space
  • From: "Laura Neale" cgcslug@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:29:22 -0700

Hey there -
I working with a new community garden in San Francisco and everyone involved wants to create a space that is completely communal, rather than following the more typical model of dividing up the plots among the members.
Does any one have any suggestions about how this could work?
We were thinking about having each plot have a theme - herbs, flowers, vegetables etc and then having one or two people be the point person/people, then other members could connect with them and figure out how they could contribute. We are also going to have a lot of youth involved with this garden and we want to insure that they are included and feel connected to the garden.
Basically, every one is on the same page about sharing the space, we just need to get organized.
Any thoughts or experience with some thing like this?
I welcome any feed back.
thanks so much.
peace, laura

Community Gardens Coordinator