Re: Cucumber Trellis

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Cucumber Trellis
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 20:15:36 EDT

Jim,

Actually, we have a nice dairy and cattle business within 50/75  miles of NYC that uses steel t-posts and cattle fencing that is supported by consumers like me through our Greenmarket (i.e. Farmer's Market)  Program. Between the Internet, Big Box Stores in the Boonies, and what a  friendly farmer who would bring a few down to the city for a price, we can get all kinds of hardware.

Horizontal is good, along with intelligent drip irrigation (something that some of my middle eastern cousins have been doing for 4 decades.) All ya need is a hose, some holes in it, respect for the preciousness of water,  and how it should be best directed to the plant's roots.

The South in NYC:

Did  you know that General Worth ( of  Ft. Worth TX fame) is buried under an equestrian monument,   in a  traffic island located at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street across from Madison Square Park? General Worth's Tomb .

And now they're talking about importing stock car racing to NYC!  Whee - haw!!!

We're getting positively southrun in Manhattan. I have two pots of mint agrowing, bourbon, crushed ice and sugar ready for the "cool sipping season," which started with the Kentucky Derby over here on West 48th Street.

You can join the CCG's resident sourthruns, Jean Daniel Noland ( KY), Annie Chadwick, Faser Harding (MS) and me (nee - South Brooklyn) in the liquid convivialities,  if you bring up some additional silver cups, and straws.

Everbest,
Adam Honigman

Subj: [cg] Cucumber Trellis