[cg] determining value of produce from community garden re: Jeavons

On 06/10/99 08:41:58 you wrote:
>Get Jeavon's book, How to Grow More Vegetables Than You Ever Imagined on
>Less Land
>Than You Ever Thought Possible - extensive charts and tables of how much
>produces how much of each veggie.  Good resource in many other ways.
>Published by
>10 Speed Press in San Francisco....
Bear in mind, the data in this book is related specifically to the use of his Biointensive (sm)
growing method, which must be followed to the "T" to obtain such results. It does not apply to
ordinary gardening or farming, organic or otherwise.

Anyone seriously interested in producing an abundance of food, and ready to make a strong
committment to gardening, would benefit greatly from Jeavons' teachings.

Happy Gardening!

John Edward Verin
Senior Apprentice
Ecosystem Farm
Accokeek, MD

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint.
When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist."
- Dom Helder Camara

Food is power... are you in control of yours?