RE: Site Acceptances within conservative city zone culture

Jackie:

Community gardening is 50% gardening and 100% political. I'd suggest that
you research in your municipal archives for the reasons that this zoning was
implemented ( often these ordinances are made  for good reasons at the time
but remain on the books long after these conditons have been addressed.)
Come up with with reasons why your garden would not be a problem.

Also, try creating a garden within the parameters of the city ordinances.
It's possible and if residents of your community believe that it would be an
asset then make sure that they make community gardening a "litmus test" with
their elected officials. Also, check out the archives on this listserv and
the American Community Gardening Assoiciation website.

Good luck,

Adam