From: Honigman, Adam [mailto:Adam.Honigman@bowne.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2000 10:46 AM
To: 'ANTONINAD'; community_garden@mallorn.com
Subject: RE: [cg] garden question

When bee mites killed our hive in Manhattan, we had to restock completely
with what are known as tame European ( Italian?) honeybees. We threw out all
of our trays and built a new hive structure before we brought in the new
colony. There is a technical name for this mite which currently eludes me (
am I having a senior moment?) I would suggest that you contact the
Pennsylvania Dept. of Agriculture and your local branch of the USDA for
further information. Other possible leads are your local Agricultural
extension and the entomology depts. of any of your fine Pennsylvania

Also, bees make flowers, tomatoes and most plants thrive.

Great luck, don't get stung!