RE: Garden plots

Check out the links on the American Commmunity Gardening Association
website: http://www.communitygarden.org/index.html ; the Trust for Public
Land website: http://igc.apc.org/tpl  and call up the nearest municipality's
Parks Dept. The computer links from the websites should give you some leads.

Good luck!