RHODE ISLAND COMMUNITY GARDEN COURSE AND GRANT OPPORTUNITY

HI All,
I don't know if anyone posted this on our listserve yet but I found it in
the recent NE Community Food Security newsletter.
Laura
PS.  PLEASE do not respond to me if you are interested in this.
------------------------
Laura Berman
FoodShare Toronto
T:(416) 392-1668
F: (416) 392-6650
E: laura@foodshare.net
W: www.foodshare.net

*RHODE ISLAND COMMUNITY GARDEN COURSE AND GRANT OPPORTUNITY
Create A Community Garden! Southside Community Land Trust of Providence is
offering two six-week courses for groups or individuals interested in
learning how to establish gardens and green spaces in their neighborhoods.
First series begins 3/31 and the second 6/2. Community groups that complete
the course will receive a grant of $ 1,500 to help with construction of
their garden. The money may be used to buy materials used in the creation
and maintenance of the garden.
The program allows for the creation of eight gardens, six in Providence and
two elsewhere in Rhode Island. Topics covered during the course include
acquisition of land; community organizing; garden design and production;
more. Applications are available at the Land Trust office, 109 Somerset St.,
Providence, or by calling 273-9419.