Re: wet soil

  • Subject: [cg] Re: wet soil
  • From: plenneke <plenneke@xtra.co.nz>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 10:52:19 +1200

Hi Valerie,
I would like to put my tuppenyworth advise in as well.
To get your vegetable patch tro take off, and grow decent size vegetables,
to get lovely flowerplants thriving, Use Wormcastings or vermicast,
this works well when watered in.
The ideas are all excellent, make your beds as high as is comfortable to work at.
My neighbor has raised beds, they are about half a metre high off the groundlevel.
We have freedraining soil here, it is heavy pumice, quite grainy in texture, but it
has very little foodvalue for the garden, that is why we get good results with
that handful of wormcast around the plants regularly.
the advantage of wormcastings is, that it is natural, and cannot "burn"
Good luck, your spring is just aropund teh corner now, we are having a lovely
autumn here in New Zealand.
I breed worms and have wormcast available (fresh), packed in resealable bags
if you want it, I will export by airmail at cost.
--Sincerely Yours :
Hans H.Harmsen,
E-Mail : plenneke@xtra.co.nz
Website : http://www.gronouwe.co.nz
______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org To post an e-mail to the list: community_garden@mallorn.com To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden