RE: Composting Info

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Composting Info
  • From: Connie Nelson <connien@shfoodbank.org>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:17:36 -0800

Have you talked to your local cooperative extension program?  Here in
Spokane, WA they house not only the Master Gardeners' program, but sponsor
the arboretum fair every year.  At this fair, they provide displays on
composting; they even provide you with a plastic version that I've been
using for years as it's so easy to move around.  They also have been great
to work with for our cooking classes that are held at 4 of our food
pantries.  All we do is supply the food, site and clients; they supply
cookbooks, teachers and funding.  Nifty little collaboration that pretty
much runs itself year after year.

Though not a website, I've found our cooperative extension seems to know
everything about everything, whether it's buying a new appliance, canning,
gardening and even leadership classes.