Re: Gardening AND French Ministry of Foreign Affairs

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Gardening AND French Ministry of Foreign Affairs
  • From: LTanenb50@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 10:26:14 EST

Melanie - I appreciate your effort at clarifying what is objectionable about the anti-war talk that has taken place - but I still don't understand from this last note.  It sounds like you see the attention paid to war on Iraq is narrow and maybe naive.

I have a short response to this question and it raises more questions: "I am curious to know whether those who intend to write in support of the French Ministry will also be supporting the French militaristic impact in Africa. Or for that matter their support of Mugabe (President of Zimbabwe) in the EU, who as we speak is destroying some of the largest African wildlife preserves? Just a thought....."

I haven't heard anyone give a blanket embrace of any government.  Are you thinking that we should not be forceful about the US gov't preparation to invade Iraq because other gov'ts have grotesque issues to deal with?  Or that supporting the French to stay aaway from Iraq is hypocritical because of its own behavior in Africa?  Or is it the lack of attention to environmental issues?  Laurie, Chicago