(no subject)

I appreciate the very thoughtful comments made by Paco connecting gardening and politics.
The other night I lay awake and tried to sleep but found myself disturbed by the massive tragedy that seems about to be unleashed upon the already suffering people of Iraq.  I found myself searching for a way to respond, personally to Violence in the world, not only in Iraq, but also in so many other places (as Melanie pointed out).  I have decided that I will create (or rather be a catalyst in the creation of) a "Peace Garden" - not the fancy work of a landscaper, but a subversive, organic, communal effort, an attempt to create a space teeming with life and beauty in the face of the death and violence that is happening in Iraq and around the world.
If this vision inspires you, I'd invite you to garden for peace wherever you are!  If you have suggestion for me, I'd love to hear them.  I'll send out an update and let you know how this early morning mad-cap idea progresses.
Paul Neufeld
Vancouver, BC