Fiskars: Interested in a formal ACGA relationship!

  • Subject: [cg] Fiskars: Interested in a formal ACGA relationship!
  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:13:02 -0500

Hi, Folks!

I applied for one of the "Fiskars Project Orange Thumb Grants" when it was mentioned on this list. Then, when I went to the Philadelphia Flower Show yesterday, I saw that Fiskars had a huge display, along with a banner for their Project Orange Thumb program. Since there wasn't a deadline for announcing winners, I asked the folks there when the winners would be announced (it should be about 3 weeks from today).

The gentleman in charge of the display was surprised that I had applied for a grant -- in fact, they were shocked at how many entries they had received this year. I mentioned that I'd seen it posted on the ACGA listserv. He didn't realized there WAS a community gardening listserv. He also didn't realize that there was an organization that promoted community gardening: American Community Gardening Association.

So, I took one of Frank's business cards (always looking for someone who wants custom software! ;-D) and wrote the name and URL for ACGA on the back of it. Hopefully, they will be joining the list soon. MEANWHILE, those of you in ACGA who are looking for corporate sponsors, CALL FISKARS! They want to help! Heaven knows, we all need both cash and quality tools!

Here's the URL for the Project Orange Thumb. The deadline is today for that program, but if you're close to their corporate office or you're on the conference committee, call them anyway!

http://www.fiskars.com/en_US/garden/resources/orangeThumbMain.do

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of

______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org