Re: Fwd: RE: Your comments in the Inquirer

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Fwd: RE: Your comments in the Inquirer
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 00:56:29 EST

The view from New York - which may be entirely wrong.

The way Mr. Growman's comment reads is:

Ut oh - community gardeners actually read newspapers!  Gee, I'm sorry.
Don't you realize that I had to publicly justify my  new huge contract, the one  which may keep Penn Hort's  little ship afloat?

However, Mr Growman is in treacherous  waters, because there are  lots of non-recurring money for a new set of program guidelines and staff.  Lots of balls to balance in the air, and a different set of funders to stroke.

I wish Mr. Groman luck, but I think he may have been scewed by this new direction.

To be honest, there IS less fuss without those troublesome Philadelphia community gardeners.  However, those troublesome community gardeners are more likely to come to his defense if things with his new program direction turn sour - but he's going to have to let Philadelphia based community gardeners know he loves them by making appropriate public statements and not denigrating the real backbone of his program - i.e., the community gardeners, in newspapers.

Gee, did you know that community gardeners actually read the newspapers?

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Clinton Community Garden