Urban Agriculture Conference: Growing Possibilities

  • Subject: [cg] Urban Agriculture Conference: Growing Possibilities
  • From: Amanda Blaine <ablaine@thefoodproject.org>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:26:11 -0500

Greetings Food Project friends!  Please join us for our 2nd annual Urban
Agriculture Conference on April 16th &17th!  We have an incredible line-up
of speakers and workshops, including an afternoon of hands-on agricultural
training.  Visit our website to see the latest information and to register
for the conference.  We look forward to seeing you there!
A two-day conference sponsored by The Food Project
- When? -  Friday and Saturday, April 16th and 17th, 2004
- Where? - Boston, Massachusetts
  * Friday: The Food Project¹s Urban Food Lot (Hands-On Training)
  * Saturday: Roxbury Community College (Workshops, Keynote, Ag. Tour)
- What time? -
  * Friday 12:00 ­ 4:00 PM (Hands-On Training)
  * Saturday 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM (Workshops, Keynote, Ag. Tour)
Urban Agriculture builds communities, improves urban environments, benefits
the local economy, and can be a sustainable method of achieving greater food
security for city residents.
Will Allen, Growing Power
Rufus Chaney, United States Department of Agriculture
Kami Pothukuchi, Wayne State University; Community Food Security Coalition
John Lee, Allandale Farm
Hugh Joseph, Tufts University
Kirsten Walter, Lots to Gardens
Molly Anderson, Oxfam America
Bryant Terry, b-healthy
Thomas Plant, The Boston Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
Samantha Langley-Turnbaugh, University of Southern Maine
Jennifer Reynolds, FoodShare Toronto
Kristy Apostolides, Just Food
Rich Pederson, Southside Community Land Trust
Laurell Sims, Re-Vision House
Alden Booth and Dan Young, The People's Pint
The Food Project¹s Urban Education and Outreach Youth Interns
?With more to come!
Join Us!
For more info and to register go to www.thefoodproject.org
Questions? Contact Amanda Blaine at 617-442-1322 x 15;
COST :  Both days: $65 ? Just Friday: $25 ? Just Saturday: $50 ? Both days
include locally produced lunches and all conference materials, Saturday also
includes breakfast ? Limited scholarships available (contact us early!) ?
The Food Project, 555 Dudley St, Dorchester, MA  02125  (617) 442-1322