FEC changing the rules on non-profit political activity

  • Subject: [cg] FEC changing the rules on non-profit political activity
  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:06:13 -0500

Hi, Folks!

Any comments about the new FEC "suggestion" that non-profits stay away from political activity such as voter registration or face some nasty consequences? The details are here:

Moveon.org has a nice report on this issues, which certainly affects all of us in community gardening, as most of us encourage folks to at least register to vote. I'll be sending my comments to the FEC against the planned rules, but I'm interested in what everyone else thinks of all this.

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of

______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org