RE: FEC changing the rules on non-profit political activity

  • Subject: [cg] RE: FEC changing the rules on non-profit political activity
  • From: "lisa vandyke" <vandykelisa@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:56:15 -0600

My take on this is that the regulation could be interpreted very loosely. I'm all for campaign finance reform, but this will impact any type of non-profit criticisizing policy or politicians; a faith-based group organizing for policy, an environmental group working to educate the public about a potentially critical vote, etc. I don't think it matters where you stand in the spectrum of political voices, this appears to be in clear violation of Free Speech. I am concerned that large corps. have such an enormous influence in govt., but when non-profits speak up they will be silenced. Thanks for bringing this up.
Lisa in Mpls.

All the action. All the drama. Get NCAA hoops coverage at MSN Sports by ESPN. ______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org To post an e-mail to the list: community_garden@mallorn.com To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden